Tricky Women/Tricky Realities 2022 - March 9-13
Feminist, diverse, passionate: Since 2001, Tricky Women/Tricky Realities has been committed to make animated films made by women* visible. This orientation is unique in the international festival landscape.
From March 9 to 13, 2022, we celebrate the radiance and courage of animated films made by women*. This year, the festival will take place in a hybrid form, with film programs, lectures and artists:talks in the cinema, as well as online on our festival platform. Prizes worth 21,000 euros will be awarded in the competition programs (International Competition, Up&Coming), including for the first time the Maria Lassnig Golden Film Reel, worth 10,000 euros.
All Tricky Women/Tricky Realities awards:
- Maria Lassnig Golden Film Reel, worth 10,000 euros, sponsored by the Maria Lassnig Foundation
- Tricky Women/Tricky Realities Award, worth 4,000 euros, sponsored by VdFS (Verwertungsgesellschaft der Filmschaffenden)
- 3-month scholarship to live and work under the Artist-in-Residence program at Q21/MQ
- Grand Post Award, a post production voucher worth 2,000 euros, sponsored by The Grand Post – Audio & Picture Post Production
- Sabine & Nicolai Sawczynski Audience Award, worth 1,000 euros
- Up & Coming Tricky Women/Tricky Realities Award
- Up & Coming Audience Award
- Hubert-Sielecki-Award for an Austrian Animation
- Austrian Panorama Audience Award
The full festival program will go online on February 22.